Requirements for UCRM Patients using Donor Sperm
- Patients having the insemination performed at the Utah Center for Reproductive Medicine will need to have a consultation with one of the UCRM physicians or Dr. Douglas Carrell.
- You must sign the Donor Insemination Consent form in the presence your doctor.
- You must have laboratory testing performed with results received prior to having an insemination. Your doctor will provide you with an order to have these completed.
- Have a Donor Semen Storage Consult (incurs a fee) with the University of Utah Andrology Lab prior to shipping any samples. Sign a Donor Semen Storage Agreement.
- You are responsible for purchasing the donor samples and having them shipped and stored; payment for the current storage period must be paid in advance, and is based in part on the number of vials you will be storing. There is a minimum storage fee (for 1-5 vials in storage). In addition, there is a minimal fee to process each shipment.
- Once the preceding requirements are complete and you are ready to have your insemination, please call (801-581-3740) to set up an appointment. The timing of your appointment is dependent upon your LH or induction timing.
Prior to artificial insemination with a donor sample, the following laboratory tests are required:
- HIV 1 & 2
- HTLV I/II
- Hepatitis B surface antigen and core antibody
- Hepatitis C antibodies
- CMV IgG, IgM (Cytomegalovirus)
- Chlamydia/Gonorrhea (cervical swab)
- Blood Type
- Positive immunization for Rubella
(If you have not been immunized against Rubella, it will be necessary to do so prior to insemination.)
If inseminations are discontinued for six months or more, it will be necessary to sign a new Donor Consent form and repeat some of the testing.
Douglas T. Carrell, Ph.D.Locations
|Andrology & IVF Laboratories||(801) 581-3740|
Specialties: Andrology, Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, In Vitro Fertilization