What to Expect
What to expect for your appointment
When scheduling an appointment, the patient will be advised to have two – five days of sexual abstinence prior to providing a semen sample. Plan on approximately 20-45 minutes for the appointment.
- Bring your photo ID with you to your appointment
- Bring or fax in advance a Requisition Order for the lab signed by your physician.
- Sign-in at the front desk and wait to be called to the Andrology check-in desk. Payment is due at the time of service, a copy of your photo ID will be taken and demographics will be verified. A technician will review sample collection procedures, study patient consents and long-term storage agreements as needed.
- Receive an insurance billing form receipt. (It is the patient’s responsibility to submit this form to the insurance company.)
- Collect sample in a private collection room. (Sample Collection Instructions)
Please arrive a few minutes before the scheduled appointment, check in at the front desk and take a seat. Patients will be called to the Andrology office for service, which may include a short consultation, paperwork to process the sample, a review of semen collection instructions and payment (Fee Schedule & Policy). Note All services must be paid for in full at the time they are provided. Upon completion of paperwork, with an opportunity for the patient to ask any questions or clarify information, the patient will be escorted to a private collection room. The technician will verify proper labeling of the container prior to collection and lock the door at his/her departure. The patient collects the sample and once complete, is free to leave, unless otherwise instructed.