Minimally Invasive (Laparoscopic) vs. Conventional Surgery
Bariatric Surgery can be performed conventionally or with minimally invasive techniques.
Minimally Invasive surgery: Over 95% of our surgeries are performed this way.
- Performed through a series of small incisions using highly specialized surgical instruments.
- Less skin and muscle tissue trauma
- Shorter, less painful recovery
- Less scarring
- Fewer incisional problems such as infections and hernias
Conventional Surgery (sometimes known as open surgery)
- Requires an incision down the middle of the abdomen, from the breast bone to just below the belly button.