0Self Pay Options
Why Choose University of Utah for Bariatric Surgery?
- Nationally ranked as one of the best health systems in the country.
- Access to specialists and field experts in all areas of medicine at a distinguished academic medical center.
- Comprehensive team of highly trained experts in bariatric surgery, nutrition, and exercise physiology.
- Commitment to quality and excellent outcomes, as well as, long-term follow-up.
- Post-operative insurance through BLIScare for self-pay patients to cover potential post-surgical complications.
- Complete pre and post-surgical diagnostic testing including endoscopy, lab work, and x-rays if needed.
- Individualized exercise program customized to your ability and bi-weekly group fitness classes.
- Lifelong access to the invaluable monthly Bariatric support group with other pre and post-surgical patients.
||Adjustable gastric Banding
*This is a listing of the typical charges incurred for Bariatric Surgery and does not include any additional testing that may be needed. These fees are for patients who will not be billing insurance for any portion of the program. The total fee will need to be paid in full by the scheduled date of the operation. We accept all major credits cards. Third party financing is available.
- Additional testing might be warranted, but also may be covered by insurance.
- If billed to insurance, they will be billed at the contracted rate.
- Self-pay prices are as follows:
|EGD with Three Biopsy Samples
|Upper GI Radiology
|Upper GI Radiology with KUB*
|Upper GI Radiology with SBFT*
*Normally not indicated for New Patients
- Vitamin B12 & Folate
- Ionized Calcium
- Hgb A1C
- Iron & TIBC
- TSH Pre-Op only
- H. Pylori Pre-Op only
- Vitamin A
- Fasting Lipid Panel
- 25-OH Vitamin D
- Fasting Insulin