Be Well Utah
Liberty Senior Center
251 East 700 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Friday, August 16th
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Hearing Loss and Treatment Options
TeeMarie Jorgensen, Au.D
10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Mental Health Wellness for Seniors
Dr. Martin Freimer, M.D.
10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Healthy Cooking Demonstration
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Atrial Fibrillation Screening
Help prevent a stroke with this simple and painless screening
Blood Pressure and Glucose Screening
Free screenings to help you track your blood pressure and glucose levels
Carotid Artery Screening
Prevent carotid artery stenosis with this 15-minute screening
Visual Acuity/Glaucoma Testing
Free eye screening along with eye-health information and free giveaways
- University of Utah Health Care - Please join a variety of exhibitors from UUHC
- Audiology: Resources relating to hearing loss and treatment options
- College of Health (Life Skills Clinic): Information about low vision
- Clinical & Translational Science: Awareness and outreach regarding clinical research participation
- Endoscopy: Colon cancer awareness and prevention
- Hope Fox Eccles Health Library: Free health handouts, check-up checklists and health-related games
- Neurosciences Center: Information about Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease
- Rehabilitation Center: Information about the center’s rehabilitation services
- University Orthopaedic Center: Information about the center’s services
- Regence Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Medicare information, healthy snacks and free giveaways
- Huntsman Cancer Institute - Information about cancer screenings and prevention
- Intermountain Therapy Animals - Susan Daines will join us with her therapy animals, Diva and Reggie
- NetSafe Utah (Utah Education Network) - How to reduce your risk while on the internet
- Salt Lake County Voter Registration - Voter registration and vote-by-mail applications
- Utah Poison Control Center - Resource for poison information and education