Heart Quiz for Women Only
As a woman, do you know what your risk is for developing heart disease? You might be surprised. Take this quiz, based on information from the American Heart Association, and see how much you know about heart disease in women.
1. Coronary heart disease develops gradually over many years and can easily go undetected.
2. Women don't have to worry about cardiovascular disease. It's primarily a man's problem.
3. If a woman has a heart attack, she is more likely to survive than a man.
4. Women are less likely to get heart disease after menopause than before.
5. When men reach middle age, or about 55, their blood cholesterol levels start to rise, but women's cholesterol levels seem to stabilize.
6. African-American females are more likely than white females to die from coronary heart disease or stroke.
7. Which of the following is the single most important thing a woman can do to reduce her risk of heart attack?
8. Women smokers double their chances of having a heart attack over women who don't smoke.
9. Women can reduce their risks for heart attack and stroke by following which of these lifestyle habits?
10. Women with heart disease have a lower risk of stroke.