Careers at University of Utah Health Care
Medicine/Acute Internal Medicine
The 5th floor medical unit is a 22-bed acute medicine unit providing compassionate care to patients with diverse and complex diagnoses. Our unit is dedicated to providing the best in patient care, staff education, and patient satisfaction. As a 5th-floor acute internal medicine nurse you'll work with patients facing medical challenges that include:
- GI Bleed
- Renal Failure
- Pulmonary Embolism
- End of Life Care
Among the opportunities you'll have as a nurse in the 5th-floor acute medicine unit are:
- Caring for patients with a variety of medical problems and diagnoses
- Active participation in clinical research
- Assistance in developing evidence-based patient-care guidelines
- Collaborating with an interdisciplinary team dedicated to providing the best patient care
- Flexible scheduling of 8 hour shifts, 12 hours shifts or a combination of both
- Educational opportunities the continually expand your knowledge and nursing skills
- Support from a management team that is dedicated to making the 5th Floor Medical Unit the best place for patients to receive care, for staff to work and for physicians to practice.
Come and enjoy being part of our friendly and knowledgeable team!