Careers at University of Utah Health Care
Neurology/Neurosurgery is a 26-bed, high-acuity neuroscience unit that provides a full continuum of services. We have a friendly and collaborative atmosphere, where nurses make a critical difference in the lives of their patients. 3 North is a great place to develop and practice your nursing skills in a fast-paced setting.
You will gain expertise in caring for a variety of patients, including those requiring:
- Ventilator management
- Telemetry monitoring
- In-depth neurological assessments
- Lumbar drain management
Our nurses are an integral part of the team caring for the following types of patients:
Neurology/Neurosurgery offers many advantages and opportunities for our nurses, including:
- An orientation program that provides a safe and structured learning environment. You will be assigned a primary preceptor and will orient for a minimum of six weeks.
- Comprehensive neuroscience courses
- Telemetry classes
- ACLS certification
- Ventilator management training
- Self-scheduling with a variety of schedule choices