Careers at University of Utah Health Care
The rehabilitation center is a leader in high-quality, comprehensive medical rehabilitation services for people needing all levels of rehabilitation. We are CARF accredited for adult programs in comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation, spinal cord injury, and brain injury. Rehab nurses are at the heart of quality rehabilitation care. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, you are equal with all other providers in planning and implementing rehabilitation services.
Some of the advantages of working in the Rehabilitation Center include:
- On-site support from physicians, pharmacists, nutritionists, respiratory therapists, occupational, physical and speech therapists, and social workers
- The chance to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team in developing and implementing "plans of care" tailored to the needs of the patient and their families
- The opportunity to educate patients and families in various aspects of rehabilitation services
- The chance to represent patients as a liaison within the Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Group
As a Rehabilitation Center nurse you can expect:
- A reward and recognition program, developed by our staff, that highlights exemplary clinical performance
- Internship and educational programs to train new graduates, experienced nurses transitioning into rehabilitation services, and experienced rehab nurses
- A minimum four- to eight-week customized mentorship/preceptorship based on competency and clinical experience
- Educational training and resources, such as the Rehab series CD-ROM educational tool and affiliation with the Utah Association of Rehab Nurses
- Support to help get your rehabilitation certification
On Rehab you will truly be part of a team that makes a difference!