Careers at University of Utah Health Care
Case Management is a department in the hospital comprised of professional staff (Case Management Nurses) and assistants (Case Management Assitants). Approximately 43 persons work in the department. Each unit has an assigned Case Management Team. Our staff manages 80-140 discharges daily. Case Management is the one department in the hospital that bridges the clinical and financial aspects of health care. Collectively we have greater than 700 years of experience. We are here to assist our patients, staff, and customers to make their experience the best and safest it can be.
The Case Manager works with the patient, family, and the clinical team to set priorities for coordination of care, planning for anticipated needs at discharge, and insurance authorization.
- Level of care placement
- Acute rehabilitation placement
- Subacute facility placement
- Extended care facility placement
- Long term Acute Care Placement
- Home health Care arrangements
- Outpatient therapy arrangements
- Hospice Care-inpatient, skilled nursing facility, and home
- Assisted living facilities
- Obtaining Durable Medical Equipment
- Insurance precertification and continued stay approvals
- Arranging air and ground transport to other cities, states, and countries
Come and see all we have to offer here at University Health Care Case Management Department. We are a great place to work!!