Pharmacy Technician Jobs at University of Utah Health
Multiple Positions Available.
These positions provides the technical functions associated with the delivery of clinical pharmacy services by maintaining proper stock levels in all pharmacy locations, compounding or otherwise preparing, filling, pricing, and delivering pharmaceuticals or other related items. The incumbent may perform duties such as entering prescriptions, completing reports, operating and maintaining automated dispensing devices, inputting computer data, and providing all aspects of customer service that are required to provide Pharmacy Department services. These positions complete the essential functions of the job under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
- Ability to provide care appropriate to the population served.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- May determine options from a variety of pre-established departmental policies and procedures, but cannot act outside of these unless authorized to do so by a Pharmacist.
- May vary work routines according to patient care priorities.
- Major problems encountered by incumbents include first line screening for medication order errors, drug or allergy contraindications, and processing non-formulary drug requests.
- Challenges encountered may include problem solving for operation and maintenance of all automated systems in the Pharmacy Department.
- Performing the essential duties of this position may involve standing for extended periods of time and/or handling heavy or bulky supply containers.
- Knowledge and ability to perform mathematical calculations for extemporaneous compounding and special dose preparation, rectifying drug distribution errors, reconciling billing and administration records, etc.
- Current Pharmacy Technician licensure in the State of Utah.