Subjects are not permitted to enroll in the study if any of the following criteria are met:
1. Subject has previously participated in this study or subject has previously been assigned to treatment in a study of the medication under investigation in this study.
2. Subject has participated in another study of an investigational medicinal product (IMP) or a medical device within the last 28 days prior to the Screening Visit or is currently participating in another study of an IMP or a medical device.
3. Subject has had prior therapy with a dopamine agonist within 28 days prior to the Baseline Visit.
4. Subject discontinued from previous therapy with a dopamine agonist after an adequate length of treatment, at an adequate dose, due to lack of efficacy as assessed by the investigator.
5. Subject has a history of chronic alcohol or drug abuse within the last 6 months.
6. Subject has any medical or psychiatric condition (ie, bipolar disorder, dementia, hallucinations, or psychosis) that, in the opinion of the investigator, could jeopardize or would compromise the subject’s ability to participate in this study.
7. Subject has received neuroleptics (except clozapine and quetiapine), dopamine-releasing substances (eg, methylphenidate or amphetamine), dopamine-modulating substances (eg, reserpine), alpha-methyldopa, metoclopramide, MAO-A inhibitors, budipine, or tolcapone within 28 days of the Baseline Visit.
8. Subject has received electroconvulsive therapy within 12 weeks prior to the Screening Visit.
9. Subject is receiving current psychotherapy or behavior therapy while participating in this study.
10. Subject has a history of deep brain stimulation.
11. Subject has a known hypersensitivity to any components of the IMP or comparative drugs as stated in the protocol.
12. Subject has a significant skin disease that would make transdermal drug use inappropriate, including a history of skin sensitivity to adhesives or transdermal medications.
13. Subject has a lifetime history of suicide attempt (including an actual attempt, interrupted attempt, or aborted attempt), or has suicidal ideation in the past 6 months as indicated by a positive response (“Yes”) to either Question 4 or Question 5 of the Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS) at the Screening Visit.
14. Subject has an atypical Parkinson’s disease syndrome due to drugs (eg, neuroleptics, metoclopramide, flunarizine), metabolic neurogenetic disorders (eg, Wilson Disease), encephalitis, cerebrovascular disease, or degenerative diseases (progressive supranuclear palsy).
15. Subject has evidence of an impulse control disorder (ICD) according to the modified Minnesota Impulsive Disorders Interview (mMIDI) at the Screening Visit confirmed by a positive structured clinical interview.
16. Subject who is currently lactating or pregnant or planning to become pregnant during the duration of the study.
17. Subject diagnosed with severe depression as evidenced by a BDI-II score of ≥29 at the Screening Visit.
18. Subject has symptomatic orthostatic hypotension at Screening