SunSafe Utah Spring Contests
Announcing the 2015 SunSafe Utah Poster Contest!
- For students in Kindergarten - 8th Grade.
- Download Poster Contest Information and Entry Form This must be submitted with all posters.
For information about the 2015 SunSafe Utah Video Contest (for high school students, grades 9-12), click here.
SunSafe Utah is a collaboration of the University of Utah's Department of Dermatology and the Huntsman Cancer Institute.
2014 State of Utah Poster Contest Winner: Megan Henstra, Grade 8
Here's How to Enter the Poster Contest:
- Create an original, hand-drawn poster on 8 1/2 x 11 paper
- This poster must show at least five of the SunSafe Action Steps:
- Do Not Burn
- Avoid Sun Tanning and Tanning Beds
- Generously Apply Sunscreen SPF 15+
- Wear Protective Clothing Such as a Hat, Sunglasses and Full-Length Clothing
- Seek Shade
- Use Extra Caution Near Water, Snow and Sand
- Watch for the UV Index -- a forecast of UV intensity
- Get Vitamin D Safely
- Attach the Official Entry Form to the back of each poster
- Entries must be received by Wednesday, April 8, 2015. Send to:
Stephanie Klein, MD
Department of Dermatology
30 North 1900 East, 4A330 SOM
Salt Lake City, UT 84132
- No trademarked/copyrighted characters or materials
- Correct spelling and grammar must be used in the 4th-8th grade category
Posters Will Be Judged On:
- Ability to show at least five SunSafe Action Steps (as opposed to using only words)
- Quality of artwork
2015 Prizes for Utah Winners
Kindergarten -3rd Grade:
4th - 8th Grade:
Opportunity to meet local children's book illustrators and receive signed books
Tickets to local attractions
Finalists (3 in each grade) and their families will be invited to the Huntsman Cancer Institute for a judging event and celebration on Thursday, April 23rd, 5:00pm-7:00pm.
All finalists will receive mounted, enlarged copies of their posters to display at their schools and later keep.
See Utah's posters from last year's contest
To learn more about the SunWise for SHADE national contest, please visit www.shadefoundation.org/postercontest
Good luck and remember to Limit the Sun, Not the Fun!
For any additional questions about the Poster Contest, please call Melissa Blackett at 801-581-6465 or email her at email@example.com.
For information about teacher training for school sun safety, or information about an education program for fourth graders, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our partners and sponsors