SunSafe Utah Poster Contest
Come join us tonight!
From 5:00pm - 7:00pm at the Huntsman Cancer Institute in the George and Dolores Dore Eccles Auditorium we are honoring the finalists (3 in each grade) for the SunSafe Utah Poster Contest !
The finalists' entries will be judged and winners will be announced!
We invite you to participate in the SunWise with SHADE 2014 Annual Poster Contest!
All posters must be received by Monday, March 3rd at 5:00pm.
- Download the 2014 Poster Contest Entry Form This must be submitted with all posters.
SunSafe Utah is a collaboration of the University of Utah's Department of Dermatology and the Huntsman Cancer Institute. This year, SunSafe Utah is happy to collaborate with the Environmental Protection Agency's SunWise with SHADE poster contest.
2013 State AND National Poster Contest Winner: Jewelianna Nielsen, Grade 6
Here's How to Enter
- Create an original, hand-drawn poster on 8 1/2 x 11 paper
- This poster must show at least five of the SunWise Action Steps:
- Do Not Burn
- Avoid Sun Tanning and Tanning Beds
- Generously Apply Sunscreen SPF 15+
- Wear Protective Clothing Such as a Hat, Sunglasses and Full-Length Clothing
- Seek Shade
- Use Extra Caution Near Water, Snow and Sand
- Watch for the UV Index -- a forecast of UV intensity
- Get Vitamin D Safely
- Attach the Official Entry Form to the back of each poster
- Entries must be received by Monday, March 3rd. Send to:
Stephanie Klein, MD
Department of Dermatology
30 North 1900 East, 4A330 SOM
Salt Lake City, UT 84132
- No trademarked/copyrighted characters or materials
- Correct spelling and grammar must be used in the 4th-8th grade category
Posters Will Be Judged On:
- Ability to show at least five SunWise Action Steps (as opposed to using only words)
- Quality of artwork
2014 Prizes for Utah Winners
Kindergarten -3rd Grade:
4th - 8th Grade:
Opportunity to meet local children's book illustrators and receive signed books
Sundance Mountain Resort vouchers
Park City Mountain Resort vouchers
Gordon Hayward signed basketball and photo
ZEAL Optics goggles
Finalists (3 in each grade) and their families will be invited to the Huntsman Cancer Institute for a judging event and celebration on Thursday, March 20th, 5:00pm - 7:00pm.
All finalists will receive mounted, enlarged copies of their posters to display at their schools and later keep.
2014 Prizes for National Winners
Kindergarten - 3rd Grade:
Digital camera for top five entries
4th - 8th Grade:
A trip to the award ceremony in Washington, D.C. and an iPad for the national contest winner
A trip to the award ceremony in Washington, D.C. and $500 for the national contest winner's sponsoring teacher
A portable shade structure and $500 grant for the national contest winner's school
Utah's finalists will be entered in the national SunWise with SHADE contest. To learn more about the national contest, please visit www.shadefoundation.org/postercontest
Good luck and remember to Limit the Sun, Not the Fun!
For any additional questions about the Poster Contest, please call Hayley Brown at 801-213-2637 or email her at email@example.com.
For information about teacher training for school sun safety, or information about an education program for fourth graders, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our partners and sponsors