Referring Physician Information
Dermatology Services at University of Utah Health Care is here to assist community physicians and specialists with consultation and referral services. To refer a patient, please call 801-581-2955, option 3.
Information for Referring Mohs Surgeries
Mohs Contact Information
Mohs Scheduling Line: (801) 581-4756
Fax: (801) 581-2895
For an easy referral form go to:
Surgery Referral Form
The University of Utah, Department of Dermatology, and Huntsman Cancer Institute, greatly appreciates your referrals and will gladly assist you in providing the highest level of care for your patients who require Mohs Micrographic Surgery. We have set up the following guidelines to insure your patients are scheduled and treated in a timely manner.
The Referral Process
Please inform your patient of the following:
- Please ensure that your patient is aware of their biopsy results and that they are being referred for Mohs Micrographic Surgery for treatment of their skin cancer.
- Every effort will be made to schedule the patient for surgery at the earliest convenience. However, due to the high volume of referrals, it may take up to four weeks for the surgery to be performed. Please let your patient know how long the diagnosis can safely wait before being treated.
- A consult with us is not necessary, nor is it required prior to surgery. If the patient wishes to meet with one of the Mohs surgeons first, this can be arranged. However, there may be a longer wait for a consult than for the procedure, depending on the provider's schedule. Please kindly inform your patients about this issue.
You may click on Surgery Referral Form to access an online referral form OR you may fax the following to (801) 581-2895:
- Pathology Report - we cannot schedule a Mohs procedure without this
- Patient name, DOB, SS#, Address and Phone Number
- Insurance Information
- Specify the preferred surgeon. If you have no preference, please write "first available" on the paperwork
- Be specific about which site(s) needs Mohs and the diagnosis for each site
- Any notes or messages relevant to the treatment