Nursing Student Internship
The NSI is hired into a clinical area to develop the fundamental clinical and professional skills necessary to successfully fulfill the role of the “Clinical Nurse” following graduation. Students should understand that continued employment in the NSI program is dependant on meeting the set criteria of the NSI program.
The expectations of the NSI include, but are not limited to:
- Develop the professional and clinical skills necessary to fulfill the role of the Clinical Nurse employee following graduation.
- Be on time to scheduled shifts and classes. Comply with the dress code requirements.
- Maintain open communication with other members of the healthcare team, including communication of individual learning needs.
- Attend four days of Nursing Orientation and one other NSI class as an NSI 1. Attend two NSI classes as an NSI 2.
- Attend unit specific education, complete modules, or training opportunities as required by the unit.
- Become familiar with policies, procedures and guidelines that affect patient care and/or role performance.
- Demonstrate continual skill and critical thinking development.
- Sign the Unit NSI Log at the beginning of each shift.
- Bring Learning Map to scheduled shifts and be responsible to keep it updated.
If you have any questions regarding Nursing Student Internships, please contact Tiffany Noss at 801-213-3491.