Alan Zinger is a Physician Assistant at the University of Utah Division of Respiratory , Critical Care & Occupational Pulmonary Medicine
Working as a Cystic Fibrosis provider, his clinical interests include CF and Pulmonary medicine.
Alan is a graduate of Cornell University Medical College, Physician Assistant Program which is considered to be one of the best in the country. For the past several years he has been practicing in multiple areas of medicine. His duties were:
- taking care of adult CF population admitted for exacerbations to the U of U CF center
- collecting histories and physicals;
- ordering diagnostic procedures / interpreting laboratory tests;
- providing intraoperative anesthesia as a PA
- assisting on variety of surgical cases
- providing post-operative care (consults, discharge planning, F/U patients, etc.)
- administering intravenous contrast and starting IVs for CAT scan/PAT scan and MRI
In addition, he has been working in the capacity of a Physician Assistant in the Army.
He is a NCCPA board certified Physician Assistant.
Alan has two daughters , he enjoys spending time with his family, outdoor activities such as skiing and hiking.
In Ukraine, Alan was a member of Ukrainian Fencing team and was awarded "Master of Sport" title.
His current research interests include treatment of CF patients in the hospital settings using continuous antibiotics infusion combined with respiratory treatments and pulmonary rehabilitation.
Board Certification and Academic Information
|Academic Departments||Internal Medicine - Advanced Practice Clinician