Today in Health News
- 1 in 5 Younger Diabetics Lacks Good Medical Care, Study Says
- Blood Test Aims to Detect Parkinson's in Early Stages
- Change in Gut Bacteria May Precede Type 1 Diabetes in Kids
- Type 1 Diabetes More Deadly for Women Than Men, Study Finds
- FDA Approves 1st Drug for Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lucentis Approved for Diabetic Retinopathy
A Workable Guide to Managing Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes is a metabolic disease that affects the health of millions of Americans¿but many of them don't realize they have it.
Types of Diabetes
Diabetes is classified as type 1, type 2, gestational¿a type of diabetes that occurs during pregnancy¿ and pre-diabetes.
Complications of Diabetes
Diabetes is a serious illness that carries the risk for a range of complications. Find out what you can do to help prevent those complications from developing.
Whether you're newly diagnosed or someone who's been living with the condition for a while, find out what you can do to keep your diabetes under control.
Diabetes and Your Family
With obesity on the increase in children, type 2 diabetes and other health problems in youngsters are also on the rise.
Diabetes and Pregnancy
Sometimes changes in your body when you're pregnant cause your blood sugar to rise. This is called gestational diabetes.