Today in Health News
- Healthy Lifestyle Before Pregnancy May Cut Gestational Diabetes Risk
- Gout May Be Linked to Raised Diabetes Risk: Study
- Study Compares Insulin Regimens for Type 1 Diabetes
- Heart Bypass Patients May Not Need Tight Blood Sugar Control: Study
- Screen Everyone Over 45 for Diabetes: U.S. Task Force
- U.S. Life Expectancy Hits Record High of Nearly 79 Years: CDC
A Workable Guide to Managing Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes is a metabolic disease that affects the health of millions of Americans¿but many of them don't realize they have it.
Types of Diabetes
Diabetes is classified as type 1, type 2, gestational¿a type of diabetes that occurs during pregnancy¿ and pre-diabetes.
Complications of Diabetes
Diabetes is a serious illness that carries the risk for a range of complications. Find out what you can do to help prevent those complications from developing.
Whether you're newly diagnosed or someone who's been living with the condition for a while, find out what you can do to keep your diabetes under control.
Diabetes and Your Family
With obesity on the increase in children, type 2 diabetes and other health problems in youngsters are also on the rise.
Diabetes and Pregnancy
Sometimes changes in your body when you're pregnant cause your blood sugar to rise. This is called gestational diabetes.