Today in Health News
- Promise From a New Weight-Loss Drug
- Chronic Ills May Add Up to a Shortened Life Span
- Cost a Barrier to Healthier Diets for Diabetic Kids, Study Shows
- Type 2 Diabetes May Damage Thinking Skills: Study
- Only 1 in 10 Americans Eats Enough Fruits and Veggies: CDC
- Study Questions Safety of Chemicals Used in Plastic Consumer Products
A Workable Guide to Managing Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes is a metabolic disease that affects the health of millions of Americans¿but many of them don't realize they have it.
Types of Diabetes
Diabetes is classified as type 1, type 2, gestational¿a type of diabetes that occurs during pregnancy¿ and pre-diabetes.
Complications of Diabetes
Diabetes is a serious illness that carries the risk for a range of complications. Find out what you can do to help prevent those complications from developing.
Whether you're newly diagnosed or someone who's been living with the condition for a while, find out what you can do to keep your diabetes under control.
Diabetes and Your Family
With obesity on the increase in children, type 2 diabetes and other health problems in youngsters are also on the rise.
Diabetes and Pregnancy
Sometimes changes in your body when you're pregnant cause your blood sugar to rise. This is called gestational diabetes.