Fats in Foods Quiz
How much do you really know about the fat that lurks in your food? Take this quiz and find out.
1. How many calories are in 1 gram of fat?
2. How many teaspoons of fat are in a double-meat fast-food hamburger?
3. For a woman who is 35 years old, how much of her daily calories should come from fat?
4. A standard beef hot dog contains about 13 grams of fat. How much does a typical low-fat frank contain?
5. Which of these cooking ingredients contains the most saturated fat?
6. You've ordered a sandwich with lean roast beef, cheddar cheese and mayonnaise—31 grams of fat. By switching the meat to turkey breast, how much fat will you cut out?
7. Which food has more fat than the other two?
8. If you eat with abandon, you can gain as much as 2 pounds of fat in a single day.
9. There are 2 types of trans fat found in foods: Those that occur naturally and artificial trans fat.
10. Trans fats may affect you by: