Take the Blood Transfusion Quiz
Each year, millions of Americans roll up their sleeves to donate blood, helping accident victims, surgical patients, and others in need. How much do you know about blood transfusions? Take this multiple-choice test to find out.
1. Why are transfusions given?
2. Which parts of the blood can be transfused?
3. What is the minimum you should weigh to donate blood?
4. How often can a donor give blood?
5. How much blood usually is donated at a time?
6. What are the risks of donating blood?
7. Donated blood undergoes screening for which diseases?
8. Which agency regulates blood donation?
9. An advisory panel of experts has suggested that anyone who received transfusions before March 1992 be screened for which of these diseases?
10. Which is the most common blood type among Americans?