How Much Do You Know About Cat Scratch Disease?
Cats make wonderful pets. That's why there are millions of pet cats in the U.S. Sometimes, however, cats can cause an illness called cat scratch disease. Find out more about this illness by taking this true-false quiz.
1. Cat scratch disease (CSD) is primarily found in children.
2. CSD is an allergic reaction to touching a cat.
3. A cat that is infected with the CSD bacteria is lethargic and weak.
4. Fever is the predominant symptom of CSD.
5. CSD symptoms last about a week.
6. A skin test is the best way to diagnose CSD.
7. Antibiotics are the main treatment for CSD.
8. One way to avoid CSD if your family wants a cat is to get an adult cat instead of a kitten.