What’s True About the Flu?
See how much you know about the flu by taking this quiz.
1. The flu mainly causes stomach upset. It is always passed on by being close to someone who has nausea or vomiting.
2. A flu shot is a treatment to get when you have the flu.
3. If you get a flu shot, you don’t need to get another shot for 3 to 5 years.
4. In some cases, the flu vaccine can give you the flu.
5. Which is NOT a way to get the flu vaccine?
6. The CDC recommends that only people 50 and older get the flu vaccine each fall or winter.
7. Medicines can help fight the seasonal flu.
8. If you don't touch an infected person, you won't get the flu.
9. If you are 65 or older, you are at higher risk for complications from the flu.