How Much Do You Know About Genital Herpes?
Genital herpes is a common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. About 1 in 6 teens and adults has genital herpes, according to the CDC. Find out more about genital herpes by taking this quiz, based on information from the CDC.
1. How many types of herpes simplex virus are there?
2. Besides the genital area and the mouth, where else can HSV sores occasionally appear?
3. How is the virus passed from person to person?
4. Early symptoms of genital herpes include which of the following?
5. When HSV is not active in the body, what happens to it?
6. How often does an outbreak of lesions occur?
7. What should a pregnant woman with HSV do to avoid passing the virus on to her baby?
8. How is genital herpes diagnosed?
9. How is genital herpes treated?
10. What should an infected person do during an outbreak?