The Hemoglobin A1C Quiz
If you have diabetes, you should know about the importance of hemoglobin A1C. Test your knowledge of hemoglobin A1C by taking this quiz.
1. A hemoglobin A1C test measures the average amount of sugar in your blood over the last 3 months.
2. It's important to know your hemoglobin A1C number.
3. All people with diabetes need to have a hemoglobin A1C test.
4. The hemoglobin A1C goal for people with diabetes is less than 7%.
5. Most people can tell what their blood sugar levels are simply by how they feel.
6. You can have a "touch of sugar" but don't have to do anything about it.
7. You can do something about high blood sugar.
8. A hemoglobin A1C number over 8% is a sign that one or more parts of your treatment plan need to be changed.
9. A hemoglobin A1C test should be done about once a year.
10. There's no proof that lowering your hemoglobin A1C number can reduce your chances of getting serious eye, kidney, and nerve disease.