Quiz Yourself: Adult Immunizations
Find out what you know about getting immunized by taking this quiz.
1. You should get a tetanus and diphtheria booster every 15 years.
2. If you received the primary polio vaccine series as a child, you don't need any follow-up booster doses of the vaccine.
3. Vaccines can prevent all cases of pneumonia.
4. An annual flu shot should be given to anyone age 6 months or older.
5. The best time to get a flu shot is December or January, when flu season starts.
6. If you live or work in, or travel to countries where hepatitis A is common, you should get the hepatitis A vaccine.
7. If you are planning to become pregnant, you may need the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine.
8. You're more likely to be exposed to infectious diseases if you travel to rural destinations in developing countries.
9. Only children need to have the chickenpox vaccine.