How Much Do You Know About Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Millions of Americans are affected by age-related macular degeneration (AMD), a disease that damages the eye's central vision. To learn more about macular degeneration, take this quiz, based on information from the National Eye Institute.
1. People who have the greatest risk for developing AMD are 60 or older.
2. AMD develops as one of two forms, wet or dry.
3. AMD leads to total blindness.
4. Smokers are more likely to develop AMD than nonsmokers.
5. A blurred spot in the middle of your vision is one symptom of AMD.
6. One way to help prevent AMD is to eat plenty of green leafy vegetables.
7. AMD is difficult to diagnose.