How Much Do You Know About Memory?
To keep your memory sharp, it's helpful to understand factors that affect memory for better or for worse.
1. Spending most of your time doing one type of activity doesn't stimulate your brain.
2. To keep your memory healthy, do routine mental tasks yourself.
3. Tension and stress can cause memory lapses.
4. Diabetes, hypothyroidism, depression, and high blood pressure can cause memory problems.
5. Diet doesn't affect your brain and memory power.
6. Hearing and seeing properly can improve your memory.
7. Your medications may cause memory problems.
8. Alcohol consumption doesn't affect memory.
9. Using memory aids such as a pocket notebook, watch alarm, or voice recorder to remind you of coming events or things to do can help jog your memory.
10. Exercising regularly and staying fit can boost your memory.
11. A memory problem is deemed serious if it affects your day-to-day activities.