What Do You Know About Shingles?
Learn about shingles, a painful skin condition, by taking this quiz.
1. Both chickenpox and shingles are caused by the same virus, varicella-zoster (VZV). What does "varicella" mean?
2. After causing chickenpox, the varicella-zoster virus can remain in the body for years, before reactivating to cause shingles. Where in the body does the virus lie dormant?
3. What percentage of adults may expect to develop shingles?
4. A rash that starts on one side of the body is a telltale sign of shingles. Which of these is also a symptom of the disease?
5. How long does the shingles outbreak last?
6. When can a person with shingles pass shingles on to another person?
7. How is shingles treated?
8. Which of these is a possible complication of shingles?