Take the Sleep Apnea Quiz
When your sleep is upset throughout the night, you can be very sleepy during the day. Perhaps you have sleep apnea--a breathing disorder marked by many brief interruptions of breathing during sleep.
1. Sleep apnea is most common among women.
2. A person with moderate sleep apnea may temporarily stop breathing during sleep as many as 30 times an hour.
3. Snorting and gasping during sleep are symptoms of sleep apnea.
4. A person who snores always has sleep apnea.
5. Of the two forms of sleep apnea, central sleep apnea is much more common.
6. One way to help get a good night's sleep if you have sleep apnea is to take a sleeping pill.
7. Sleep apnea may be annoying, especially to those who have to listen to the snoring, but it's nothing to worry about.
8. Measuring how quickly a person falls asleep is part of diagnosing sleep apnea.
9. Surgery is the best treatment for sleep apnea.