Take the Snakebite Quiz
They fascinate. They repel. Some pose a danger. Most are harmless. And whether they are seen as scary creatures or colorful curiosities, snakes play important environmental roles in the fragile ecosystems of the nation's wildlife areas.
1. The most common venomous snakes in the U.S. are native to all states except:
2. When a venomous snake bites, what might the bite look like?
3. When are venomous snakes safe to handle?
4. There are two varieties of coral snakes: eastern and western. The bite of the eastern coral snake is considered deadly. In which states would you be likely to find the eastern coral snake?
5. If a snake bites you, or someone you are with, what things are important to observe and remember?
6. If someone is bitten by a snake and you can't get help right away, what first aid can you give?
7. What else can you do if you are with someone who is bitten by a snake?
8. Which of these areas are places where snakes are often found?
9. First aid for snakebite should include which of the following?
10. What can you do to lower your risk for being bitten?