Find out how much you know about strokes and what causes them.
1. A stroke is caused by a blood clot or burst blood vessel that stops the flow of blood to an area of the brain.
2. All strokes are identical.
3. A sudden, unexplained tingling and/or numbness on one side of the body, or a sudden severe headache can be a symptom of stroke.
4. If you have symptoms of a stroke, you should try to get some rest before calling the doctor.
5. There's no way of predicting if or when someone will have a stroke.
6. Two important ways to reduce your risk of stroke are to lower your blood pressure and to stop smoking.
7. Regular exercise is another way to cut your risk of stroke.
8. Strokes always leave patients permanently disabled.