Take the Summer Sun Exposure Quiz
Hot weather, clear skies, and extra leisure time in the summer mean that many people spend hours in the sun. Lengthy sun exposure can raise the risk for skin cancer if you don't take steps to protect yourself.
1. The hours of the day when you are most at risk from the sun's rays are:
2. Which type of ultraviolet rays does the sun emit?
3. The best way to protect yourself from the sun's rays is:
4. Excessive exposure to UV rays has what detrimental effect on health?
5. The UV Index is:
6. What common medications can make you more sensitive to sun?
7. The best type of sunscreen to use is:
8. Sunscreens work by:
9. Which of these clothing choices offers the best protection and comfort from UV rays?
10. If you work outdoors or otherwise spend a lot of time in the sun, which type of hat offers the best protection from UV rays?