What Do You Know About Tuberculosis?
Many people think tuberculosis (TB) is no longer a threat, but it's still a leading killer worldwide. One-third of the world’s population (about 2 billion people) is infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the bacterium that causes TB.
1. How do you get TB?
2. Who is at risk for developing tuberculosis in this country?
3. What makes TB different from other infectious diseases?
4. What are the symptoms of active TB?
5. How is TB diagnosed?
6. How is TB treated?
7. What is causing TB to become a serious public health problem?
8. Who should receive a vaccine for TB?