What Do You Know About Tuberculosis?
Many people think tuberculosis (TB) is no longer a threat, but it's still a leading killer worldwide. One-third of the world’s population (about 2 billion people) are infected with the bacteria that cause TB.
1. How do you get TB?
2. Who is at risk of developing tuberculosis in this country?
3. What makes TB hard to diagnose?
4. What are the symptoms of active TB?
5. How is TB diagnosed?
6. How is TB treated?
7. What is causing TB to become a serious public health problem?
8. Who in the U.S. should receive a vaccine for TB?