How Does the Weather Affect Your Health?
We talk about the weather when we don't have much else to chat about: "Nice day, isn't it?" "Aren't you sick of this rain?" The weather has more to do with your health than you might realize. Learn more about the weather and you by taking this quiz.
1. People who suffer from a “bum knee” often say they can tell when rain is coming. This is because they may have which of these common health conditions?
2. Cold weather may cause which of these conditions in people with coronary heart disease?
3. The sun produces both ultraviolet A (UVA) and B (UVB) rays. Which of these sources of radiation is responsible for causing skin cancer?
4. Seasonal hay fever, or allergic rhinitis, is a common cause of allergy symptoms. What brings on nonallergic rhinitis?
5. Heat exhaustion and heat stroke happens when your body overheats during exercise or exposure to hot or humid conditions. Some common medications can increase your chances of getting these conditions. Those include:
6. Which of these weather phenomena may also trigger an asthma attack?