Visitor Services Valet Assistant
Provide support to the Information Desk personnel.
Spencer Daines, Valet Supervisor; Chris Shirley, Customer Service Manager
Varying shifts, Monday - Friday
- Responsible to guide patients in to valet stalls and assist with traffic flow.
- Writes claim tickets for patients and explains valet service process.
- Assists the service officer in the retrieval of wheelchairs for patient use.
- Functions as a line attendant taking claim tickets and retrieving keys from the key box.
- Counts the previous day’s tickets.
- May be asked to retrieve cars in times of high volume (must pass University driving test and be able to drive a manual transmission).
- Receives, greets and must be able to give verbal directions to visitors so as to get them to appropriate person or office.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and be able to walk people to different locations throughout the hospital.
- Answers questions about the organization and associated activities.
- Must be able to assist patients and family into the hospital, walking or by wheelchair.
- Perform all other duties as requested and/or directed.