Summer Youth Volunteer Program
Our Summer Youth Volunteer Program provides opportunities for students aged 14 to 17 in which they may give their time in a hospital or clinical setting. These volunteer jobs include Snack Cart, Book Cart, Valet Assistant, and Information Desk Guide among others.
Please read through the expectations listed below. If able to meet these expectations please print out the forms below, complete, and submit them to Tracy Bodrero at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write a short statement telling us why you would like to volunteer with University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics. If you are unable to email them you may bring them to the Customer Service/Volunteer office located next to Starbucks in University of Utah Hospital. You may contact Tracy at (801)581-2429 with any questions.
The deadline for applying for the 2014 Summer Youth Volunteer Program is May 31.
- Agree to a minimum 32 hour commitment with at least an 85% attendance rate to be completed from mid June to mid August 2014.
- Attend Volunteer Orientation on Monday, June 9, 2014 from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Complete HIPAA Training.
- Arrive on time for scheduled assignments. Provide adequate notice to your area supervisor if unable to work your shift. Sign in at and out for your shifts at the Information Desk terminal.
- Respect and support patients, visitors, staff, and other volunteers by abiding by the hospital and Volunteer Services rules and guidelines concerning discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of patients, staff, and visitors.
- Adhere to the Volunteer Services Department dress code, which ensures that volunteers' appearance is appropriate and professional.