Scams and Phishing Attempt Warnings
We have been notified of several phishing attempts using Jon Huntsman's name, as well as Huntsman Cancer Foundation. The sender of these e-mails says Mr. Huntsman plans to give the email recipient money or that the recipient has a donation from Huntsman Cancer Foundation waiting for them. Here are examples of the scams we are currently seeing:
- One e-mail says "Jon Huntsman, Sr. is donating funds to you."
- Another has the subject line as "DEAR FRIEND" or “Jon Huntsman Donation To You!” and says the recipient will get $2.3 million. It references Mr. Huntsman's charitable donations for cancer research.
- Another has the subject line "Contact the Pay-out Bank" with a message supposedly from Mr. Huntsman claiming he has received information he requested. It says "congratulations" and gives instructions to contact a bank in the U.K.
- Received a phone call from someone representing that he or she is fundraising on behalf of Huntsman Cancer Institute asking for a donation.
- Received a LinkedIn request posing as Mr. Huntsman. Later sends a message through LinkedIn saying "congratulations" and gives you instructions to contact an email address with information.
Please be advised that these are not legitimate
. If you have received any of the scams above, do not click on any links and make sure to delete the messages.