Huntsman Hometown Heroes
Fuel what's possible!
The Huntsman Hometown Heroes program is designed to help participants reach their endurance goals while raising much-needed funds for cancer research at Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI). Participants agree to raise a minimum amount of money while receiving a guaranteed spot in some of the best events in Utah:
- 2014 LOTOJA: 206-mile bike ride from Logan, UT, to Jackson, WY—September 6, 2014
- 2014 Huntsman 5K: 5K at Huntsman Cancer Institute—September 20, 2014
- 2015 Choose Your Own Adventure: Participate in any event of your choice and raise funds for Huntsman Cancer Foundation on behalf of HCI while you train.
- Skinny Tire Festival: Three-day cycling festival in Moab—March 14-17, 2015
- Outclimb Cancer Challenge: Stair climb event—March 7, 2015
- Canyonlands Half Marathon: Half marathon in Moab—March 21, 2015
- Salt Lake City Marathon: Marathon, half marathon, 5K, or bike tour—April 18, 2015
- Ogden Marathon: Marathon, half marathon, 5K, or marathon relay—May 16, 2015
- Little Red Riding Hood: Ladies only cycling event—June 6, 2015
- Utah Valley Marathon: Marathon or half marathon—June 13, 2015
- Ragnar Relay—Wasatch Back: Running relay for a team of 12—June 19-20, 2015
- Huntsman 140: 140-, 75- or 25-mile ride from Delta, UT, to HCI—June 20, 2015
- Kiss me Dirty: Four-mile obstacle course in South Jordan & Ogden, women only—June & September
- Porcupine Hill Climb: Bicycle hill climb up Big Cottonwood Canyon - July
All Huntsman Hometown Hero sign-up fees are nonrefundable.
Join us for free Huntsman Hometown Hero training runs through the month of December! We have runs in Sugar House Park (Sego Lilly Pavilion), Draper Park, and now at Athletic Republic in Kimball Junction (1389 Center Dr., Ste 100, Park City)! Give HHH a try, but after 2 training runs, please be sure to pick your event and register to continue training into 2015.
||Sugar House Park
Fundraising minimum requirements
- $200 per 5Ker (Huntsman 5K exempt)
- $350 per Ogden relay runner
- $500 per marathoner, half marathoner, Skinny Tire cyclist, Ragnar Relay participant, triathlon participant
- $1,000 per LOTOJA cyclist
For More Information
Please contact us if you have any questions about fundraising.
Are you a Huntsman patient? Click here to check out the programs they offer to patients and survivors from a rowing team, acupuncture, fitness classes, massage therapy, art classes and much more!