Huntsman Hometown Heroes
The Huntsman Hometown Heroes program is designed to help participants reach their endurance goals while raising much-needed funds for cancer research at Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI). Participants agree to raise a minimum amount of money while receiving a guaranteed spot in some of the best events in Utah.
All runners and cyclists: Register for your event by clicking the appropriate link below, and you'll be added to our email list. The weekly email will describe the training schedule and locations.
NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
- Canyonlands: Marathon or 5 Miler - March 18, 2017
- Salt Lake City Marathon: Marathon, half marathon, 5K, or bike tour—April 22, 2017
- Ogden Marathon: Marathon, half marathon, 5K, or marathon relay—May 20, 2017
- Little Red Riding Hood: Ladies only cycling event—June 3, 2017
- Thelma & Louise: Women's Only Half Marathon - June 3, 2017
- Ragnar Relay—Wasatch Back: Running relay for a team of 12—June 2-3, 2017
- Utah Valley Marathon: Marathon or half marathon—June 10, 2017
- Huntsman 140: 140-, 75-, 50- or 25-mile ride from Delta, UT, to HCI—June 17, 2017
- Cache Gran Fondo: 100- and 50-mile ride in Logan, UT - July 8, 2017
- LOTOJA: 206-mile bike ride from Logan, UT, to Jackson, WY—September 9, 2017
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Participate in any event of your choice and raise funds for Huntsman Cancer Foundation on behalf of HCI while you train.
- Crusher in the Tushar: Featuring a 50/50 split of tarmac and gravel sectors, this unique race begins in Beaver, UT, winds through the Tushar Mountains, and finishes at Eagle Point Resort—July 2017
- Huntsman 5k and Kid Fun K: June 17, 2017. Registration will open on March 17, 2017.
OPEN FOR DONATIONS
All Huntsman Hometown Hero sign-up fees are nonrefundable.
Fundraising minimum requirements
- $200 per 5Ker (Huntsman 5K exempt)
- $350 per Ogden relay runner
- $500 per marathoner, half marathoner, Skinny Tire cyclist, Ragnar Relay participant, triathlon participant
- $1,000 per LOTOJA cyclist
For More Information
Please contact us if you have any questions about fundraising.
Are you a Huntsman patient? Click here to check out the programs they offer to patients and survivors from a rowing team, acupuncture, fitness classes, massage therapy, art classes and much more!