Huntsman Hometown Heroes
Fuel what's possible!
The Huntsman Hometown Heroes program is designed to help participants reach their endurance goals while raising much-needed funds for cancer research at Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI). Participants agree to raise a minimum amount of money while receiving a guaranteed spot in some of the best events in Utah.
All runners and cyclists: Register for your event by clicking the appropriate link below, and you'll be added to our email list. The weekly email will describe the training schedule and locations.
- 2015 LOTOJA: 206-mile bike ride from Logan, UT, to Jackson, WY—September 12, 2015
- 2014 Huntsman 5K: 5K at Huntsman Cancer Institute—August 29, 2015
- 2015 Choose Your Own Adventure: Participate in any event of your choice and raise funds for Huntsman Cancer Foundation on behalf of HCI while you train.
- Skinny Tire Festival: Three-day cycling festival in Moab—March 14-17, 2015
- Outclimb Cancer Challenge: Stair climb event—March 7, 2015
- Canyonlands Half Marathon: Half marathon in Moab—March 21, 2015
- Salt Lake City Marathon: Marathon, half marathon, 5K, or bike tour—April 18, 2015
- Ogden Marathon: Marathon, half marathon, 5K, or marathon relay—May 16, 2015
- Little Red Riding Hood: Ladies only cycling event—June 6, 2015
- Utah Valley Marathon: Marathon or half marathon—June 13, 2015
- Ragnar Relay—Wasatch Back: Running relay for a team of 12—June 19-20, 2015
- Huntsman 140: 140-, 75- or 25-mile ride from Delta, UT, to HCI—June 20, 2015
- Crusher in the Tushar: Featuring a 50/50 split of tarmac and gravel sectors, this unique race begins in Beaver, UT, winds through the Tushar Mountains, and finishes at Eagle Point Resort - July 11, 2015
- Kiss me Dirty: Four-mile obstacle course in South Jordan & Ogden, women only—June & September
- Porcupine Hill Climb: Bicycle hill climb up Big Cottonwood Canyon - July
All Huntsman Hometown Hero sign-up fees are nonrefundable.
Fundraising minimum requirements
- $200 per 5Ker (Huntsman 5K exempt)
- $350 per Ogden relay runner
- $500 per marathoner, half marathoner, Skinny Tire cyclist, Ragnar Relay participant, triathlon participant
- $1,000 per LOTOJA cyclist
For More Information
Please contact us if you have any questions about fundraising.
Are you a Huntsman patient? Click here to check out the programs they offer to patients and survivors from a rowing team, acupuncture, fitness classes, massage therapy, art classes and much more!