pharmacy banner

How to Get Licensed in Utah

  1. Request an official “License Transfer” from the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP)
    • Supporting items needed in application for NABP:
      • The fee for processing the Preliminary Application is $300
      • Graduation from a pharmacy school accredited by the ACPE
      • 1,500 State Board-approved intern hours obtained
      • A passing score on the NAPLEX
      • Verification of a current pharmacist license in good standing in your current state of practice
  2. Complete the Utah Pharmacist Application (
  3. Mail or drop off the following at Department of Professional Licensing (DOPL):
    • Pharmacist Licensure Application (see #2)
    • Official License Transfer document from NABP (see #1)
    • Copy of your certificate of equivalency from the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC) (If applicable to you)
    • Evidence of practice of >= 2000 hours in the past 2-4 years immediately prior to date of application.
    • Evidence that you have obtained sufficient CE credits in your current state of practice
    • Three applicant fingerprint cards (Form FD-258; white w/ blue lines)
    • Application fee of $235 payable to “DOPL”
  4. Register for MPJE for the state of Utah at the NABP website and pay $185.
  5. Once application is processed by DOPL and Authorization To Test (ATT) is given for MPJE. Contact Pearson VUE ( to schedule MPJE test time.
    • All Statues and Rules applicable for taking the MPJE in Utah can be found at the DOPL website.

Allow 3 to 6 months for completion of all steps!
(The timeframe is usually on the longer side. It is strongly recommended to start the process early.)

**Please be sure to read all documents contained within DOPL website**