A subset of information is held in the Utah Population Database (UPDB) for two state registries: the Utah Cancer Registry and the Cancer Data Registry of Idaho. Cancer records are updated annually.
Utah Cancer Registry
- Selected information for individuals diagnosed with cancer from the mid 1950s to the present
- Statewide since 1966
- One of the cancer registries used to estimate national statistics and funded by the National Cancer Institute’s Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) program.
- 96 percent of individuals with cancer link to one or more records in the UPDB (other than the Social Security Death Index) and 71 percent have family information.
Cancer Data Registry of Idaho
- State wide since 1969
- 17 percent of individuals with an Idaho cancer link to records in the UPDB (other than the Social Security Death Index).
- There are 10 southeastern Idaho counties that link at 20 percent or more, with one as high as 53 percent.