Services provided by PPR
The Utah Population Database (UPDB) is used in biomedical and health research. Pedigree and Population Resource (PPR) personnel are available to consult about research design and use of the database. This facility operates a recharge center to partially offset the fixed expenses of UPDB.
Services with No Charge (4 hour limit for all tasks combined)
• Help with preliminary or pilot studies for a grant submission to determine if UPDB data can support the proposed research, includes generating sample size counts of target subjects
• Provide estimates of charges needed for research budgets
• Initial project discussion/meeting
• Creation of custom de-identified data sets
• Analysis to test for familial aggregation of disease and estimation of familial risks
• Identification of high risk families
• Construction of pedigree drawings of specified kindreds
• Linkage of data sets provided by investigators to UPDB
• Provision of follow-up information to ongoing studies
• Consult about research design and use of the database and software
• Technical report writing and manuscript preparation
• Project meetings
• $60 an hour - PPR programmer (staff) services to work on tasks listed above.
• $100 an hour – Scientific (or Faculty) services which require more expertise than available by staff; including research design, statistical analysis, and paper/grant writing by a Ph.D. level staff.
• ** A project can add a percentage effort of PPR staff to a funded grant rather than pay hourly fees.
Non-University of Utah Projects
All fees are doubled for non-University of Utah projects
Annual Access Fee
Fees are assessed per calendar year per project at the first request for access to the UPDB in that year. If a researcher does not request data or updates in given year, there will be no access charge for that year. They may continue using the UPDB data that have been previously released to the investigator. The following fees are effective January 1, 2012.
*Rationale: to more accurately reflect the costs incurred to maintain, update, and improve the UPDB resource to support frequent users.
Other Service Charges
The University of Utah Health Sciences Center Information Technology Services (UUHSC ITS) Data Warehouse will begin charging for any services rendered by the team in regards to any new or renewal Research Requests submitted effective Jan 1, 2013. Charges will be $300.00 for the first two hours and then $50.00 for every hour after that. We appreciate your cooperation on this and understand that there may be adjustments and so forth. If you have any questions in regards to this please feel free to email Loa at email@example.com or call her at 801-587-6062.