Specialized Services for
Additional Contact Information
Fax: (801) 585-7315
ID/HIV/AIDS Services: (801) 585-2031
Nursing Services: (801) 585-7176
Pharmacist Services: (801) 587-3567
Case Management Services: (801) 585-2670
The University of Utah Infectious Diseases Clinic (Clinic 1A) provides comprehensive primary care to those infected with HIV/AIDS throughout the state of Utah. Clinic 1A is the largest provider of HIV/AIDS care in the state and provides care to patients in the surrounding intermountain region.
Clinic 1A operates within the University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics (UUHC) and has been treating HIV/AIDS patients since 1988. The infectious diseases division receives grant funding from the Ryan White Part B and Part C programs to provide primary care for HIV/AIDS patients.
Clinical Director Harry Rosado-Santos, MD, is the driving force behind the infectious diseases clinic, which remains the recognized leader in HIV/AIDS treatment in Utah. In conjunction with the infectious diseases clinic, comprehensive primary care services are available for HIV/AIDS patients. These services include the following:
- Mental health counseling
- Antiretroviral medications
- Case management
- Home health care
- Nutritional services (supplement program)
- Substance abuse treatment
- Health insurance continuation
Dr. Rosado also provides clinical care on-site to patients in the Southwestern Utah area monthly.
Ryan White Program Goals
The overall goal of the program is to provide appropriate medical care to all HIV + patients who receive HIV services from the PCA (Primary Care Alliance/Ryan White Part C) program in the state of Utah:
- To provide quality early intervention primary medical care for HIV/AIDS patients in Utah.
- To increase awareness about transmission of HIV and living with and treatment of HIV disease.
- To have a formal mechanism for consumer input and involvement in the PCA program.
- To ensure that PCA clients are receiving quality treatment and care.