Determine the line needed for therapy:
|PICC Line||MIDLINE (Not Central)|
|Double Lumen PICC
||Single Lumen PICC
Placing an order:
- Dr.'s office is to call or page the PICC team to make an appointment for the PICC or Midline insertion.
- The Dr.'s office will fax an order and a brief H & P to the PICC office.
- The PICC team make arrangements for the patient to come through the infusion center in Clinic 1, HCH Infusion Center, or
other accommodations and let the Dr.'s office know where the patient is to be sent.
- If the Infusion Center has availability the patient will be sent to the UUMC Infusion Center, check in there and they will assume the care
until the PICC team comes to place the line.
- If there is no availability for the Infusion Center, the patient will be sent to admitting to get a visit number and then admitting will page the PICC team.
- If the patient is coming from a SNF, they have to have some one to accompany them.
PICC Team Supervisor
Libby Alvord pager: 801-339-4764
PICC Team pager: 801-339-6425
Office Phone: 801-585-5636
Office Fax: 801-585-2793