Reconstructive Urology & Men's Health
Erectile Dysfunction - ED
Erectile Dysfunction or (ED) (also known as impotence) is defined as "the persistent inability to achieve or sustain an erection sufficient for satisfactory sexual intercourse." This can be a total inability or inconsistent ability or a tendency to sustain only brief erections.
Although it is common (at least 50 percent of men over 50 year old have some loss of function), it is NOT normal, no matter what the patient age.
Unfortunately, only 10 percent of men seek treatment and many (50 percent) discontinue treatment once they start it. This is because they are understandably embarrassed to raise this issue with their physicians and they may get inadequate information about the many treatments that are available to them.
It is even more unfortunate when you consider these characteristics of erectile dysfunction:
- Affects the quality of life
- Makes men feel worse about their general health
- May be a symptom of an underlying disorder (such as diabetes or heart disease); men do not realize that there are a variety of very satisfying treatments, and there is no need to suffer in silence.
The urological specialists at University of Utah Health Care understand patient sensitivities related to ED and develop individualized treatment plans to help patients regain sexual function.
William O. Brant, M.D.Locations
|Redstone Health Center||(801) 213-2700|
|University Hospital||(801) 213-2704|
Specialties: Erectile Dysfunction, General Urology, Male Incontinence, Men's Health, Trauma and Reconstructive Urology, Urology, Vasectomy
Colleen A. Lowe, ANPLocations
|University Hospital||(801) 581-7674|
Specialties: Erectile Dysfunction, Men's Health, Nurse Practitioner, Trauma and Reconstructive Urology, Urology
Jeremy B. Myers, M.D.Locations
|University Hospital||(801) 213-2702|
Specialties: Bladder Augmentation, Female Incontinence, General Urology, Mesh Erosion, Neurogenic Bladder, Radiation Injuries, Trauma and Reconstructive Urology, Urinary Diversion, Urinary Strictures and Fistula, Urology, Vesicovaginal Fistula
Kathryn M. Trueheart, PA-C, MPAS
Specialties: Erectile Dysfunction, Men's Health, Physician Assistant, Trauma and Reconstructive Urology, Urology
Sorry there are no trials related to this service
Diseases and Conditions
- Buying Testosterone Supplements Online Can Be Risky
- Erectile Dysfunction Tied to Long-Term Narcotic Use in Men
- Most Men With Erectile Dysfunction Don't Seem to Get Treatment
- New Procedure May Shrink Enlarged Prostate Without Surgery
- Newer, Pricier Prostate Cancer Radiation No Better Than Old: Study
- Testosterone Not the Whole Story in 'Male Menopause'