Reconstructive Urology & Men's Health
ED Medication Instructions
Using ED Medications Like Viagra, Levitra or Cialis (Instructions)
- Take medication around 1 hour prior to sexual activity
- These medications are amplifiers, not “magic pills”: you must have sexual stimulation for them to work
- They often do not work the 1st few times, so you need to try at least 4 times before you decide if they do or do not work for you.
- Especially for Viagra, take the pills prior to a meal or after a light snack. They do not absorb well if you have a full stomach.
ED Medications Side Effects
- Facial flushing
- Upset stomach
- Back pain (Cialis)
- Sensitivity to light
- Blurry vision
Do NOT take these medications if you are on nitroglycerin, on medications with nitrates, or even have nitroglycerin at home. Ask your doctor if you have any questions about this.
These medications do NOT protect you against sexually transmitted diseases.
Remember that these are prescription-only medications, do NOT share these medications with your friends, they may have medical conditions that would prevent them from taking these medications.
William O. Brant, M.D.Locations
|Redstone Health Center||(801) 213-2700|
|University Hospital||(801) 213-2704|
Specialties: Erectile Dysfunction, General Urology, Male Incontinence, Men's Health, Trauma and Reconstructive Urology, Urology, Vasectomy
Colleen A. Lowe, ANPLocations
|University Hospital||(801) 581-7674|
Specialties: Erectile Dysfunction, Men's Health, Nurse Practitioner, Trauma and Reconstructive Urology, Urology
Jeremy B. Myers, M.D.Locations
|University Hospital||(801) 213-2702|
Specialties: Bladder Augmentation, Female Incontinence, General Urology, Mesh Erosion, Neurogenic Bladder, Radiation Injuries, Trauma and Reconstructive Urology, Urinary Diversion, Urinary Strictures and Fistula, Urology, Vesicovaginal Fistula
Kathryn M. Trueheart, PA-C, MPAS
Specialties: Erectile Dysfunction, Men's Health, Physician Assistant, Trauma and Reconstructive Urology, Urology
Sorry there are no trials related to this service
Diseases and Conditions
- Buying Testosterone Supplements Online Can Be Risky
- Erectile Dysfunction May Signal Hidden Heart Disease
- Erectile Dysfunction Tied to Long-Term Narcotic Use in Men
- If Wife Earns More, Husband's Sexual Performance May Suffer: Study
- Impotence Drug Cialis Might Have Other Sexual Benefits: Study
- Most Men With Erectile Dysfunction Don't Seem to Get Treatment
- New Procedure May Shrink Enlarged Prostate Without Surgery
- Newer, Pricier Prostate Cancer Radiation No Better Than Old: Study
- Severe Gum Disease May Be Linked to Impotence
- Testosterone Not the Whole Story in 'Male Menopause'