Miners Hospital

HomeInformationFrequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

miner's in caveQ:  After I submit the application for services, what type of response can I expect?

A:  You will receive a phone call from a staff member of the Miners Hospital to schedule your appointment.

Q:  I do not have documents that support my claim that my injury or illness is related to my working in the mining industry. Does that mean I am not eligible for services?

A:  No. Documentation is extremely helpful, but is not the only way to determine eligibility. A work and health history will be obtained.

Q:  Will I be billed for services that I receive through the Miners Hospital?

A:  Any other insurance coverage will be billed first. If there is no other insurance, eligible services will be billed to the Miners Trust Health Plan.

Q:  What should I do if I am billed for service provided through the Miners Hospital?

A:  Call the Miners Hospital toll free number.  You will be asked to fax or mail the bill to us so we can resolve the

Q:  Can I obtain medications not associated with a mining related illness or disease from the Miners Hospital?

A:  Medications can be obtained from a University Pharmacy, but only medication directly related to the mining injury
     or illness will be covered by the Miners Trust Health Plan. Prescription must be written by Miners Hospital physician.

Q:  If I receive services through the Miners Hospital and Clinic, will I continue to see my family doctor or will I be
      expected to transfer all medical care?

A:  Miners Hospital physicians will see you for mining related problems. You will continue to see your local MD for all
     other health care needs.

Q:  How soon will I be seen for a hearing evaluation?

A:  The average wait for a hearing evaluation can be 2 - 3 months due to the number of miners seeking hearing