About the Cyclist's Clinic
Through biomechanical evaluations of cyclists both on and off their bicycles we are able to use the findings we’ll keep your wheels spinning. Using the latest clinical research, our clinicians make fit adjustments to the bicycle, correct musculoskeletal issues through therapeutic exercises and manual therapy to improve your posture and form with cycling specific training and instruction.
Our services, as performed by licensed physical therapists, are typically covered by health insurance. Please contact your insurance company prior to making your appointment to verify your coverage and referral requirements regarding physical therapy benefits.
Please contact your insurance company prior to making your appointment to verify your coverage and referral requirements regarding physical therapy benefits.
A comprehensive, one and a half hour evaluation usually includes:
- Patient's history including current and past injuries, cycling experience and goals, and any previous bike fit strategies
- Physical examination: flexibility, joint mobility, strength, muscle coordination, and posture
- Analysis of current bicycle fit, posture, pedaling quality, and biomechanics
- Bike fit changes as needed
- Therapeutic exercises to address musculoskeletal impairments
- Manual therapy, as indicated, to improve joint or soft tissue mobility
- Instruction in pedaling mechanics and efficiency, as indicated
- Return from injury training progression
- Equipment recommendations
Injury Prevention & Nutrition
Come discover how to keep yourself healthy on and off your bike at a free workshop. Learn to prevent injuries and how to fuel and sustain your body for the upcoming Goldilocks Salt Lake ride on May 10.
All attendees will receive a $10 gift certificate to apply to massage services.
Time: 6:30 pm–8 pm
|Tuesday, April 8||
South Jordan Health Center
|Thursday, April 10||
University Orthopaedic Center
For questions or to register by phone, call (801) 587-7005.
University of Utah Health Care is the presenting sponsor and medical provider for Goldilocks Salt Lake.
Ned Dowling, MPT is a physical therapist at the University Orthopaedic Center and the founder/director of the Cyclist's Clinic. He is certified by BikePT (the only bike fit philosophy that incorporates physical therapy techniques) and has post-graduate education in manual therapy, foot orthotics, and pilates instruction. He is worked as a team soigneur for United Healthcare Pro Cycling. Since 2009, he has been treating cycling specific injuries in patients ranging from recreational to professional. An avid cyclist himself, Ned competes in road, mountain, and cyclocross.