About the Dancer's Clinic
Whether you are a professional dancer or dance for fun, the dance clinic is here to help you prevent pain and injuries. From tap, jazz, hip-hop, ballroom, swing, breakdancing, and more, the clinic will provide a comprehensive biomechanical evaluation of the musculoskeletal system and movement patterns, which will include a detailed dance history and injuries.
You will receive therapeutic exercises for strengthening, flexibility, and retraining movement dysfunction to keep you on the dance floor.
- Detailed review of dance history and injury
- Comprehensive biomechanical evaluation of musculoskeletal system and movement patterns
- Therapeutic exercises for strengthening, flexibility, and retraining dysfunctions
- Snapping hip
- Hamstring strain
- Patellofemoral dysfunction
- ACL injuries
- Metatarsal fractures
- Achilles tendonitis/rupture
- Lateral ligament tears
- Anterior and posterior impingement
- Rotator cuff tendonitis and impingement
- Subacrominal impingement
- Lower-back strain and muscle spasms
- Ankle sprain
- SI dysfunction
Trina Bellendir, PT, MSPT, is a physical therapist specializing in dance injuries. She received her undergraduate degree in kinesiology from the University of Colorado at Boulder and her master’s degree in physical therapy from the University of Colorado in Denver.
Trina has a strong manual therapy background and uses techniques from strain/counterstrain, craniosacral, and mobilization of peripheral joints and spine. She has treated dancers associated with Ballet West, Repertory Dance Theatre, Ririe Woodbury, Odessey Dance, and traveling companies from New York.
Dance specific training in:
- Strategies for the prevention and care of injuries to dancers
- Epidemiology of dance injuries: biopsychosocial consideration in the management of dancer health
- Nutrition, hydration, metabolism, and thinness
- The dancer’s hip: anatomic, biomechanical, and rehabilitation considerations
- Common knee injuries in dance
- Foot and ankle injuries in the dancer: Examination and treatment strategies
- Developing expert physical therapy practice in dance medicine