Pulmonary Services - Diagnostic Testing
Preparing for Your Visit
Pulmonary The tests are ordered by your physician and may take anywhere from 10 to 90 minutes to perform. All results are interpreted by a board-certified pulmonologist. The referring physician should receive the results within approximately three business days of the testing.
Instructions Before Testing
- Withhold pulmonary bronchodilator at least four hours prior to test time.
- If exercise is indicated, please bring sturdy walking shoes and wear comfortable clothing.
- If a metabolic test is ordered, eat only a light meal prior to the study.
Please be prepared to tell the Exercise Specialist the following:
- Medications you are currently taking, including inhalers, pills, or nebulizer treatments.
- Allergies to medications
- Health problems
- Smoking history - including how many years you have smoked and how many packs per day
- Recent illnesses
- Report any symptoms such as shortness of breath, chest pain, dizziness and nausea.
Richard E. Kanner, M.D.Locations
|University Hospital||(801) 581-7806|
Specialties: Advanced Lung Disease, General Pulmonary, Pulmonary, Pulmonary Function, Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatric Diseases and Conditions
- Cystic Fibrosis and the Digestive System
- Cystic Fibrosis and the Reproductive System
- Cystic Fibrosis and the Respiratory System
- Cystic Fibrosis in Children
- Diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis
- Feeding Your Child with Cystic Fibrosis
- Symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis
- The Genetics of Cystic Fibrosis
- Treatment for Cystic Fibrosis
- Autosomal Recessive: Cystic Fibrosis, Sickle Cell Anemia, Tay Sachs Disease
- Chronic Respiratory Disorders
- Cystic Fibrosis Overview