Forms Committee Policies & Procedures
To define a mechanism for standardizing, evaluating and coordinating hospital paper
forms in a cost-effective manner.
- To ensure standardization, cost effectiveness and appropriate utilization, hospital forms are to be reviewed by the Forms Committee prior to implementation into the hospital system.
- Forms that go into the medical record must be presented and approved by the Forms Committee for either trial or permanent use. If a form is to be used across various disciplines, approval must be received from each department head.
- Forms that are for interdepartmental use must be presented to Forms Committee for approval and prior to use.
- The Form Design and Approval Request must be completed and signed before submitting to the Forms Committee for approval. Contact Ray Rubio, Chairman at 587-6533, or Rosalie Powell-Holbrook, Co-Chair at 587-6535, to review the form and schedule a time to attend a meeting of the Forms Committee.
- If the form is to be filed in the medical record chart, schedule a department representative to present form at the next Forms Committee meeting (bring 15 copies of proposed form).
- For non-medical related forms, schedule a department representative to present at the next meeting of the Forms Committee (bring 15 copies of
proposed form). The committee meets every month on the third Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. Check the Forms Committee Meeting Dates page for current dates and locations.
- The proposed form must be in compliance with the University of Utah and the
University Health Care procurement policies [refer to Policy and Procedures Manuals (1) University, section 4, p. 1-18; (2) Hospital, section 4, p. 6].
- Refer to the specifications on the Form Design and Approval Request (page 2) for form layout and design.
- To meet JCAHO requirements, all forms three years old should be reviewed for accuracy of content and for possible revision.
- The Storeroom will stock and distribute hospital forms when the following
requirements are met:
- A New Stock Item Request and Review form must be completed and submitted by the requesting department to the Committee for approval, along with a final draft of the proposed form.
- The requesting department must provide a default Org ID for forms which generate revenue (the Storeroom routinely stocks a six month supply of forms).
If assistance is required, please contact Rosalie Powell-Holbrook, Co-Chair at 587-6535.
SOURCE: Purchasing Department