Our multidisciplinary team of specialists provides a complete continuum of care for amputees on their physical and emotional journeys to recovery.
Each patient has a collaborative team of specialists throughout the process such as surgeons, rehabilitation physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, nurses, prosthetists, social workers, nurses, and psychologists. Together, they focus on movement, strength, endurance, as well as pain management, counseling and education, and other tools to use in the community.
Working with the patient, our emphasis is on holistic rehabilitation. It’s not just about the fitting of an artificial limb, but also learning to have a highly functioning life once patients leave our care.
To schedule an appointment please call:
Phone: (801) 581-2267
Toll Free: (800) 824-2073
Phone: (801) 585-2094
University of Utah Hospital
50 North Medical Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84132
- Pain management including residual limb pain and phantom pain
- Prescription of the appropriate prosthesis.
- Instruction and training in prosthetic fitting.
- Instruction and training in walking and performing daily activities with a prosthesis
- Skin care and management
- Referral to therapy or other additional services
- Disability rating
Colby Hansen, M.D.Locations
|Primary Children's Medical Center||(801) 662-4949|
|University Hospital||(801) 581-2267|
|University Orthopaedic Center||(801) 587-7109|
Specialties: Amputee Rehabilitation, Concussion, EMG, Mild Brain Injury, Pediatric Rehabilitation, Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Traumatic Brain Injury
Sorry there are no trials related to this service
- Certain Arthritis Patients Fare Worse After Joint Replacement: Study
- Diabetes Doesn't Seem to Raise Risks After Knee Replacement
- Health Tip: Protect Your Hips From Arthritis Damage
- Hip Surgery Increases Stroke Risk in Older Patients: Study
- Income May Influence Outcome of Knee Replacement Surgery: Study
- Joint Replacement Boosts Heart Attack Risk Right After Surgery: Study
- Joint Replacement May Reinvigorate Sex Life
- Return-to-Work Rate High After Knee Replacement, Study Finds
- Startling Differences in New-Hip Estimates: Study
- U.S. Sees a Run on New Knees Since 1990s
- Women at Greater Risk for Hip Implant Failure, Study Finds